The Middle

“There comes . . . a longing never to travel again except on foot.”  - Wendell Berry
























I have given much thought to how I should record this, the 'Middle', part of my story. As I already mentioned this is not a step by step guide to the Camino because it simply represents the experiences of a single individual on his first Camino. That's insufficient experience to advise anyone else on what to do or what not to do, before, during or after they undertake their own journey. That's my disclaimer : )

The real challenge for me has been deciding how to record this very personal journey in a way that gives the reader some sense of what I experienced but also captures the memories in a way that will assist me over time to recall this wonderful event in my life. I decided to open a new post for each day I was walking. The first entry in each post is a contour map for the stage walked, I then insert a link to Google Maps showing the starting point for that day, followed by a very brief account of that stage. 

I also include a few links in each post. These links will take you to images posted on the internet (NOT MINE) of some of the towns on that specific section of the route. I have inserted a Wikipedia link for the same towns. The images selected are very random and often have nothing to do with the search criteria but that's the Internet for you. Sometimes Wikipedia has very little information on the smaller towns or the link may be to the Spanish version of Wikipedia. You can use the 'Translate' button to get the English translation. 

Oh, each section does include many of my own photographs and a link to my Flickr page where most of my Camino photos are stored.

Finally a section on a specific topic. Let me explain the approach to the 'topics' section within the post. As I walked along the way, or in the evenings while chilling out, different experiences would arise and many would reoccur several times along the way. Rather than address each topic in bits and pieces as they occurred I have chosen to deal with the topic in it's entirety under one section. I'm not sure I have explained this very well but read on to see how this works out. 

The Middle section will include many topics e.g. 
- Who walks the Camino, 
- Aches, pains and blisters,
- Dreams,
- Albergues
- Snoring and more.
- Fisterra experience
- Walking alone or in the company of others,
- Desensitise, Resensitise
- Equipment and squeaky shoulder.
and Many other subjects.

A list of topics can be found under the 'Labels' section of this blog. Once a topic has been added to a post it will automatically get added to the labels drop down list.

No comments:

Post a Comment