The Cast, in no particular order.

My Camino Experience has a cast of thousands. All the people who played their role in my experience of the Camino. When you think about it everyone you meet on a journey such as this plays a part and can influence how you will feel for a fleeting moment, for the rest of the day, or even the rest of your life. It's worthwhile remembering that you too can have that impact on others. I will borrow the last two lines from a poem by the Irish poet, William Butler Yeats, to emphasise this, although he refers to a loved one I think the message still applies.

I have spread my dreams under your feet;

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Within the thousand who played their part in making my journey a very special experience there were hundreds of pilgrims who shared a common purpose with me. Within those pilgrims I found a smaller group of special individuals who shared more than just a destination, we shared the journey. I have not told their stories because that is for them to tell. I would however like to list the people who, each to a different degree and in different ways, made everything special for me. The names are in no particular order and I include first names only. 

Stefanie and Daniel from German
Karin from Germany
Sabina from Germany
Alexandro from Napoli, Italy
Valentino from Brazil (cyclist)
Lis from Luxemburg
Sergio from Spain
Tina from Germany
Ellie from Vistoria, Australia
Anne and Ciaran, Ireland
Peter and Rose from Victoria (Ellie's parents)
Mary from Dundalk, Ireland(and USA)
Kathy from Dundalk, (Mary's sister)
Jo from Canada
Michael and Jane fro England
Ed from Mayo, Ireland
Jim from Mayo and Canada
Ger from Rathoath, Ireland
Marty from Donegal, Ireland
Conor from Donegal
Henry from Donegal
Mary from Canada
Bob from Oregon, USA
Anne from Seattle, USA
Ute from Stuttgart, Germany
Saoirse from Ireland and Rachel
Annamarie or Ann from Virginia
Vickie from California
Jane from England
Valentino from Slovenia
Charity from Vancouver
Gene from Los Angeles, USA
Julie and Lilly from Melbourne, Australia
Arthur from Melbourne
Anne from Melbourne
Greer from San Francisco, USA
Peggy and Scott from 
Hanna from the Netherlands
Phillipe from Versailles, France
Terence (Terry) from Belfast, Northern Ireland
Jim and Sheila from Seattle
Joan and Pat from Kildare, originally from Kerry, Ireland
Antoinette from Leitrim, Ireland
Jim and Markey (brothers) from Northern Ireland
John from Knocklyon, Ireland (cyclist)
Vinny from Sligo, Ireland (cyclist)
Peter from Sligo and Dublin, Ireland
Aileen from Clare and Dublin, Ireland
Ricardo and Francisco from Spain (singing couple)
Chris and Clara from Austin, Texas, USA
Brendan and Eileen from Cork, Ireland

The Nameless:
There were some, like the old Spanish couple who very kindly asked if I was feeling OK after being aware of my illness the previous day. I never got their names.
Or the Canadian family I met at the start of my journey.
The Russian guy who took time out to explain his theories on feet preservation and sock changes
The French couple who shared a pit stop with me and 
The banker from Turkey who survived the crash and started his own training company.
The group of young Irish lads who had the energy to keep singing while walking
Let's not forget the old guy walking with the donkey.
There are so many nameless but they are remembered here.

No comments:

Post a Comment